|Switch Type||Access Swtich|
|Uplinks||2 Gigabit copper/SFP combo + 2 SFP ports|
|Power Over Ethernet (POE)||POE,POE+ 180W|
|Redundant Power Supply||-|
|Stacking Bandwidth Support||-|
|Total number of MAC addresses||8192|
|Software Feature Set||SMB|
|OS Type||SMB OS|
Simple, secure, and smart business network at affordable prices
In today’s fast-paced business environment, business owners are becoming more selective in their IT investments, including the network infrastructure. The network is a critical platform for business productivity, and a fast, reliable, and secure network is more important than ever to help you stay ahead of the competition and grow your business. With a limited budget, getting the most value for your money becomes especially important.
For businesses requiring high performance, security, and manageability from network switches, fully managed switches are an excellent choice. However, they typically come with high price tags. Smart switches provide the right level of network features and capabilities for growing businesses at lower prices, so you have more dollars to invest where they’re most needed.
Cisco 220 Series Smart Switches
The Cisco® 220 Series, part of the Cisco small and midsize business portfolio, is a series of affordable smart switches equipped with security, performance, and ease of use to help build a solid business network within a restricted budget. Offered with a limited lifetime warranty, these switches deliver a powerful combination of features at a lower cost than fully managed switches.
The Cisco 220 Series includes a broad range of smart switches that provide Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet access with Power over Ethernet (PoE) Plus options. With an intuitive web interface, energy-saving technologies, and rich customizable features, these switches can not only improve the productivity for your business today, but also meet the evolving network demands in the future.
With Cisco 220 Series switches, you can not only build an efficient and reliable network to connect the workforce, but also advanced solutions to deliver data, voice, and video services on a converged infrastructure. Get the best value for your money by improving the productivity of employees. Possible deployment scenarios include:
- Secured desktop connectivity. Cisco 220 Series switches can quickly and reliably connect employees working in small offices with each other and with all of the servers, printers, and other devices they use. With device authentication and access control, you can maintain the integrity of key business information while keeping you employees connected and productive.
- Flexible wireless connectivity. With PoE+ support, and comprehensive security and Quality of Service (QoS) capabilities, Cisco 220 Series switches provide a solid foundation to add business-grade wireless to the network. You can easily move up to a cutting-edge 802.11ac wireless access point to increase workforce productivity without worrying about power and throughput.
- Unified communications. The Cisco 220 Series switches provide QoS features to automatically prioritize delay-sensitive traffic to help you easily deploy an IP-based communication solution on a converged network. PoE+ support can enable IP cameras and videophones to be easily added to your current network. Cisco offers a complete portfolio of IP telephony and other unified communications products designed for small businesses. Cisco 220 Series switches have been rigorously tested to help ensure easy integration and full compatibility with these and other vendor products.
Features and benefits
Smart switches are typically low priced but limited in functionality. The Cisco 220 Series provides rich features designed for growing businesses while maintaining the affordability of smart switches.
- Simple and flexible management. Cisco 220 Series switches are easy to deploy and use for both nontechnical users and IT professionals. These switches provide management options such as Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and a Command-Line Interface (CLI), besides the intuitive, web-based interface and Cisco FindIT utility.
- Power over Ethernet Plus. PoE+ streamlines the deployment for wireless access points, IP telephony, and video surveillance by allowing power and data to run over a single network cable. Cisco 220 Series switches support PoE+, which provides up to 30 watts of power per port. PoE+ can enable deployments for 802.11ac wireless access points, Pan Tilt Zoom (PTZ) IP cameras, and videophones, delivering more flexibility and investment protection.
- A higher level of security and intelligence. Access Control Lists (ACLs) and flow-based QoS give you more control over network performance, maintain the integrity of key business information, and enable higher network efficiency.
In addition, the Cisco 220 Series provides capabilities that help you create business-class networks. These features deliver a solution to simplify the operation, increase uptime, and ultimately get your business better connected to employees, customers, and suppliers. Some primary features include:
- Easy configuration and deployment. Cisco 220 Series switches are designed to be easy to deploy and use by small and medium-sized businesses and the partners that manage them. The simple and intuitive web-based interfaces allow even users without extensive IT expertise to configure, manage, and troubleshoot the switch in minutes. Other ease-of-use features include:
- Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP) and Link Layer Discovery Protocol – Media Endpoint Discovery (LLDP-MED). Automatically detect all the devices connected to your network. Then automatically configure the switch itself with the appropriate settings and instruct the end devices on the appropriate voice VLAN or QoS parameters to use.
- Cisco FindIT Network Discovery Utility. This feature works through a simple toolbar on the user's web browser to discover Cisco devices on the network and display basic information, such as serial numbers and IP addresses. It aids in quicker configuration and deployment of Cisco small and midsize business products. For more information, and to download the utility, visit https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/cloud-systems-management/small-business-findit-network-discovery-utility/index.html.
- The FindIT Network Manager and Probe are designed to manage Cisco 100 to 500 Series switches, routers, and wireless access points. They let you proactively manage the network instead of just reacting to events. FindIT Network Management is the perfect addition to your business's network. For more information, visit https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/cloud-systems-management/findit-network-management/index.html
Flexible network management capabilities. Cisco 220 Series switches provide more flexibility for network management through the following:
- Remote management. Using SNMP, you can set up and manage all switches and other Cisco devices in your network remotely.
- Command-Line Interface (CLI). The switches can be managed using a CLI. This capability can enable scripted or automated deployment for network professionals.
- Dual image support. With the ability to maintain two images in permanent storage instead of only a single image, as is traditionally supported on smart switches, you can perform software upgrades without taking the network offline or worrying about an outage because of a bad image file. This reduces switch downtime when the firmware is being upgraded or downgraded.
- Dual configuration files support. Configure the device, validating that it is done correctly, and then save this configuration to take effect after reboot. Additionally, a mirror configuration file provides automatic backup of the latest stable configuration file.
- IPv6 support. Cisco 220 Series switches provide native support for IPv6, as well as the previous IPv4 standard. As a result, you can migrate to the next generation of networking applications and operating systems without an equipment upgrade.
- Reliability and performance. Cisco 220 Series switches have been tested to deliver the high availability and performance that users have come to expect from Cisco switches. The switches speed up file transfer times, keep vital business applications available, and help your employees respond more quickly to customers and each other. With enhanced QoS capabilities, the Cisco 220 Series also gives you the flexibility to manage and prioritize high-bandwidth traffic so you can easily integrate all the business communications and connectivity needs on a single converged infrastructure.
Network security. The Cisco 220 Series switches provide new levels of security for smart switches and deliver more ways to safeguard your network.
- Support for network security applications such as IEEE 802.1X and port security can tightly limit access to specific segments of your network.
- Guest virtual LANs (VLANs) let you provide Internet connectivity to nonemployee users while isolating critical business services from guest traffic.
- Extensive ACLs can restrict sensitive portions of the network from unauthorized users and guard against network attacks.
- Security mechanisms such as broadcast/multicast/unknown unicast storm control and Bridge Protocol Data Unit (BPDU) guard can protect the network from invalid configurations or malicious intent.
- Denial-Of-Service (DOS) attack prevention helps to increase uptime in the event of a network attack.
- Protect management sessions using RADIUS, TACACS+, and support local database authentication as well as secure management communication over SSL, SSH, and SNMPv3.
- IP telephony support. Cisco 220 Series switches include embedded QoS intelligence to prioritize delay-sensitive services such as voice and video. They can simplify unified communications deployments, and help ensure consistent network performance for all services. For example, automated voice VLAN capabilities let you plug any IP phone (including third-party phones) into your IP telephony network and receive an immediate dial tone. The switch automatically configures the device with the right VLAN and QoS parameters to prioritize voice traffic.
- Optimal energy efficiency. Cisco 220 Series switches are designed with Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) and Energy Detect support on all models, as well as fanless designs on selected models. These designs help you save operational expenses and reduce your environmental footprint.
- Peace of mind and investment protection. Cisco 220 Series switches offer the reliable performance, investment protection, and peace of mind you expect from a Cisco switch. They have undergone rigorous testing to help ensure easy integration and compatibility with other Cisco networking and communications products, including the complete Cisco Small Business portfolio.
- Limited lifetime hardware warranty. The Cisco 220 Series switches come with the Cisco limited lifetime hardware warranty. This includes return-to-factory replacement (1-year limited warranty for fans and power supplies) and a 90-day limited software warranty. Additionally, Cisco offers software updates for bug fixes for the warranty term, and telephone technical support at no charge for the first 12 months following the date of purchase.
Cisco small and midsize business products are supported by professionals in Cisco Small Business Support Center locations worldwide who are specifically trained to understand your needs. Community-based online support is also provided through the award-winning Cisco Support Community.
Product warranty terms and other information applicable to Cisco products are available at https://www.cisco.com/go/warranty.
To download software updates, go to https://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/download/index.html.
World-class support. To extend the support coverage beyond the warranty provisions, you can choose Cisco Smart Net Total Care™ Service, which helps you get the most value from Cisco solutions, providing peace of mind at an affordable price. The subscription-based service offers next-business-day advanced hardware replacement, software upgrades, access to the Cisco Small Business Support Center, and telephone and online chat support.